Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Photoshop Composites

Well here are my photoshop composites...
Somewhere over the rainbow
This one was the first one I did, and I don't mind how it looks. I was trying to achieve an imaginative, fantasy feeling, dreamlike perhaps. This was one of the first things that came to mind, a surfer surfing up a rainbow, over the clouds into another world. And then I added a hat.. and a birdhouse.. maybe he's trying to catch one of those pigeons? Who knows? Okay, Background, surfer, rainbow, clouds, blimp thing are all from the internet, bird house and hat are photos taken by me. Cloud mist and rainbow smoothing drawn with tablet.

 A stitch in time saves nine
Act now to save yourself more work later.I had difficulty in thinking of something for this one. I was going to do a play on words, but decided that stopping cockroaches before they move in might work, and here we have it. I'm not too happy with how it came out. Blurry background photo. Person holding the guns feet are too thin. Background and school bag are taken by me, persons top half and bottom half are separate images, everything else from internet.

Eye of the Tornado
 
 I considered using an eye somehow originally, but then decided I wanted something a bit... different. It's got a bit of a mother nature/goddess thing going on(hence the statue/idol thing). I wanted the eye of the tornado to be a spinning dancing woman. and I found a photo to match, and my horrible tornado drawing skills made it look terrible. Statue and rock photos taken by me. Not very happy with it. Couldn't think of anything else to put in that wasn't just clutter.

Better to burn out than fade away
Braveheart speech. I wanted overwhelming invaders against one person. And this person had to be involved with fire somehow. I really wish I had found a better background. Much too blurry. Person in front and death scythe man drawn by me, throwing knife on man in front, and knife( a kitchen knife) stabbed into scythe man photos taken by me. The rest from the internet. I wouldn't mind knowing how to draw better. This one came out too dark when I flattened and saved as jpeg. Playing with the brightness makes the foreground char to bright. Should have tweaked it some more.

How the west was won
Cowboys and Indians, well that's what I thought at first, and the idea of the train came from that. But then I thought power and weapons. That's generally how thing's are won. BG, train, aa gun, artillery cannon, tank cannon, Chinese great cannon and train drivers gun are all from the internet. Lamp post/space marine photo taken by me, dark armoured man near post drawn by me.


No comments: